3DEEP Method in action by: E. Michelle Lee, Owner of Exceptions-“PR With A Purpose”.
3= Search pages
IRAC= Legal Term for (Issue; Research, Analysis,
What is a Thought Leader and how do they impact our world?
Based on the information I collected from the below authoritarians, experts, and industry professionals on the matter of defining Thought Leader; a term used in current business environments. I believe I understand who the Thought Leaders are and how they behave. Birds of a feather do flock together. With Market trends soaring to aid its new line of linebackers, a.k.a. Thought Leaders; profits are mesmerizing investors and communities are thriving in Give Back 2 Pay Forward to stabilize and grow. This style of management of companies and community organizations proves to be sky rocketing growth! See below for links to attributed evidence providers and expert opinion.
The term “thought leader” has different definitions for various case scenarios. As reported by Ph.D. Denise McCrimmon in his article on Leader Direct said, “Whenever you advocate a new idea to your colleagues or boss, you show thought leadership……….. It isn’t necessary to have inspirational influencing skills, which is necessary for senior executives because they need to win over the entire organization and beat off their internal competitors for top jobs. Also, to initiate organization-wide change, it helps to be inspirational. But a thought leader can focus on smaller scale changes – ideas for a new product or changes to an existing one. Thought leaders can persuade others using logic, evidence or an actual demonstration of a prototype to win support.” (2011,McCrimmon)
Thought Leaders come in different shape sizes, and directions. There is the profitability leadership derived from this way of thinking and then there is also the artist of the world who use this same method and style to project for their innovative ways of development to resolve issues affecting society.
It takes Thought Leaders who are willing to step up to the plate and carry the weight of those around them who need a little lift to the top! No matter what industry or “good cause” leader is in this category; this one thing is apparent. It takes the Thought Leaders to lead others to greatness! That at the end of the day is the genuine desire embedded in Thought Leader types. They succeed only when their successor succeed. Now hold your tongue and say that one three times behind the door.
A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way and shows the way.
— John C. Maxwell, motivational teacher, author
Primary Source 1): FORBES Defines “Thought Leader”
Secondary Source: Wiki Pedia Defines “Thought Leader”
In public relations, the term thought leader has been used for community leaders such as presidents of service clubs, officers of veterans‘ organizations, of civic organizations, of women’s clubs, lodges, regional officials and insurance executives.
Thought leader is business jargon for an entity that is recognized by peers for having innovative ideas. Thought leaders often publish articles and blog posts on trends and topics influencing an industry.
The term was coined in 1994 by Joel Kurtzman, editor-in-chief of the Booz Allen Hamilton magazine, Strategy & Business. “Thought leader” was used to designate interview subjects for that magazine who had business ideas that merited attention. The first designated “thought leaders” included:
- British management thinker Charles Handy, who advanced the idea of a “portfolio worker” and the “Shamrock Organization”
- Stanford economist Paul Romer
- Mitsubishi president Minoru Makihar
Authoritarian Source: Dr. Mitch McCrimmon Defines: “Thought Leader”
- Created on Wednesday, 06 July 2011 08:52
- Written by Mitch McCrimmon, Ph.D.
End User Source: E. Michelle Lee, owner of Exceptions-“PR With A Purpose” defines: “Thought Leader”
- I love learning new terms and as I sat out today to learn what a thought leader is; I came to know that I have many characteristics of such as this style of leadership. For you see it is far more important to me to be measured by the success of those whom I lead and ignite with my proven abilities to deliver ground breaking ideas. There is one major difference between me and most whom are tagged as Thought Leaders; I don’t have the love of money. In fact I would be considered a Thought Leader minus the money.
- Yet as the story goes, a doctor can not heal him self but he can heal patients, a police officer cannot arrest himself but he can be arrested; a psychiatrist may counsel themselves but others think they are nuts anyway. Do you see what I am getting at here. Some Thought Leaders are Exceptions To The Rules when it comes to the standard definition of only money matters to the Thought Leader. I don’t believe that’s entirely true. There is nothing wrong with having a plentiful supply of money if you do have access to it like that. If you don’t have money to carry through with your innovative ideas that won’t be possible unless its anointed. Money is a necessary evil of any sorts. It is necessary to progress. But it’s not everything. And it’s especially not all that measures the validity of someone being a Thought Leader.
- If ya need a little help. Be sure to call upon me. thank ya for stopping by this week. If you have a subject you would like for me to discuss. Leave a comment below or feel free to email me at contact@ExceptionsToTheRules.comYa’ll come back now-
from a down to earth business consultant who will work her tail off for you. Contact me only if you are willing to do your part too!
Follow me on twitter @ExceptionsBE
Face Book me at “PR With A PUrpose”