As retailers are expecting 46 billion in returns of unwanted, to tight fitting, roll showing sweaters and stuff; what are you, small business owner, expecting for your sales in the days ahead?
Hopefully, now that the sugar plums and stockings that were hung are coming down, you are thinking about making 2012 a prosperous year filled with new customers and clients.
As you gear up to celebrate the arrival of the New YearRemember that it is said that what you are doing on New Years reflects what you will be doing and what the new year will bring.For years now I have used the 6 days between Christmas and New Years to reflect on my previous years failures and successes in all areas of my life.
What did I do wrong?
What did I do right?
How can I make the coming year better and what is it that I need to do to make sure that happens?
After asking myself those questions. I would make a list of what I want to accomplish in the new year besides how many pounds I need to lose 🙂 . Then I would, from that list, look at what I could be doing (i.e. action required) on New Years that would further support my goals.
Keep reading to learn how to seriously change the outcome of your targeted actions towards your prosperity for the new year to come. Seriously, give it some thought, write it down, make your plan to succeed. Here is my top list of things to consider.
For the next few days you will want to go over with a good amount of thought of where you want to improve your life overall. Now this is not your typical run of the mill resolutions for the New Year non action items. This is investing some time in areas of your life where you want to achieve the goals you are setting.
For me I break it down into 3 main categories:
1) My inner me, the part that’s between my maker and me only. The place where my mind and soul are that need nourished to thrive and hold me accountable to my God.
2) Family- Those that I hold dear; some of which are blood relation and some that are not. But they are my family.
3) Career- my business, that which causes me to earn a living. My business a.k.a. Livelihood.
Then I make a list from those 3 categories of the things that I want to do, the things that I need to do, and the things that I would like to accomplish to create a well rounded me, a balanced life.
So my list of things to do, places to go, people to meet, and business plans to make might look like this.
1) Spend more time reading the word of God in 2012.
2) Spend more time with family.
3) Take a class for certification to further my credentials for my business and learn something new.
4) Learn to listen more to my clients so I can serve them best when they call upon me and not take up too much of their time.
5) Help someone in my family achieve something in their own life that will help them grow in their business or personal life.
So in the spirit of doing the things I want to be doing all year and commitment (a.k.a. Resolutions for change for the better) I’ve made to myself to accomplish in the new year. On New Years Eve and New Years Day I may do the following things to support my goals and achieve what I set out to do:
1) Start reading the first chapter on the list for the Read Your Bible in a year program.
2) Call up a family member I want to spend more time with and set a date for an activity with them.
3) Search online for classes locally and/or online for things on my list that I want to learn this year. Do my research and find out when the class begins. Maybe even go ahead and register for the class.
4) Spend time researching to find a solution/method for teaching myself “how to listen to my customers” or maybe practice a scripted telephone conversation in the mirror.
5) Pick someone in my family who has recently mentioned a new goal that they are trying to achieve and see if I can come up with a solution to share with them while we spend time together.
By making your list and doing those things right away on New Years Eve and New Years Day; you are not only getting some practice in you are setting the tone for how you will live out your resolutions.
How you will accomplish your goals to create a more prosperous life for you and your business this upcoming year by putting your actions in motion? Set yourself up to succeed. Have a plan to grow and get the things you need to better your life.
Let me help you fulfill your list by showing you how to get the things, services, and products you need with the things, services, products you have.
Send me message, leave a comment for me to contact you. I am ready to help you be your best and grow your business in 2012.